Monday, September 21, 2009

Great Success!

It's been a stir of excitment here in Palm Coast as things are progressing quickly with our boat and the Floating Doctors cause. First off, we have all been pushing hard to get contact information for corporate sponsorship, as well as more donations and funds to ensure that we leave completely prepared and equipt for our mission. I'm focusing on clothing and accessories for our trip, trying to make contacts with Ray Ban sunglasses, Rainbow sandals, Helly Hansen, Swiss Army, etc to see what kind of sponsorship they could provide for us. Some of my other crew members are looking into sponsorship from eco-friendly groups, airlines, sailing groups, office supply manufacturers, energy plants, etc.... The possibilities are endless and I am so excited to see the connections that we can make!

I also worked on creating a flyer for a fundraising event being put on by David's shoes, a great show retailer in socal. On Oct 1st, a percentage of the sales from David's shoes will benefit our cause. I decided to call this day "Heels to Heal"! I think it will be a great opportunity for all our fashion saavy supporters to help us out! And the shoes are super cute!!

And last but not least....

OUR ENGINES GOT STARTED TODAY! Hearing the roar of our twin engines was a huge milestone and gave me shivers. It's all becoming a reality!

So many words left to say, but there is little sleep to be had and I have a very full day tomorrow, so I will pick this up again another time.

Paz y amor!

No comments:

Post a Comment