Monday, October 12, 2009

Wherever we are, home is there too.


I miss......



  • Fall, in Northern California. The way it smells, the trees changing colors, the way the air hits your face first thing in the morning....

  • Cold weather fashion. I'm talking lots of layering of long sleeve shirts, sweaters, scarves, jackets, jewelry (of course), fingerless gloves, hats, boots.... and on that same note, I miss being able to wear jeans without feeling like I'm suffocating/dying of heat.

  • My neice's laugh and her crazy smile that is filling with teeth!

  • Cooking for my family...one of my favorite things is to get together our families (the boyfriends, the friends, etc) for a dinner outside at our giant round wood table.

  • My dark dark brown hair

  • sleeping in a bed that is not a thin foam mattress on the floor

  • City life with my girls

  • Laying in bed with my Taryn and laughing about nothing until we are both crying

  • the norcal beachs <3>
  • Laying on the couch and talking to my mom while she plays with my hair

  • Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Sonoma Market....anything that isnt Sams Club or Walmart (ugggh)

  • Having a paying job so I can indulge in things like going out to breakfast, buying a latte once and a while, or how about a beer?!

  • My crazy love

  • flowers! florida is not conducive to floral habitats

  • Indian/thai/SUSHI/anything ethnic food....

  • my mom, my sisters, my beautiful friends and family that love and support me so...


while there is so much to miss, there is also so much that I love about where I am and where I'm going....



  • being a traveling gypsy...the earth is my home and I plan to live everywhere

  • being so lucky to be living with 12 wonderful and inspiring people

  • connecting with my artistic soul once again

  • the opportunity to learn everything I've ever wanted to and more

  • more responsibility everyday with the galley, the World Health Survey, the public health platform of Floating Doctors

  • My new adopted grandparents and parents (i have quite a few here)

  • learning and loving the beauty and power of the ocean

  • exploring the world, and my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment